Friday, 3 July 2009

Cannot Not Shop

*Updated parts in blue*

I hate the shopping in Tokyo. Japanese fashion is not my thing. Neither is it retro cool or stylish and even if I manage to find what i like (hardly), it is too pricey. Just to give you a sense, a GG5-looking skirt can easily cost 10,000 - 20,000 yen (S$150 - S$300).

In my 2.5 years here, I've only shopped at Gap, Forever 21, H&M and Zara. F21 and H&M were only added to the list recently because they only came to Japan recently. A new addition to the list is probably Abercrombie and Fitch but even that, it will be limited to window shopping because their clothes are casual wear and overpriced. The only thing i really like from them is their hoodie and I've already got myself one during my last trip in NY.

So, I started online shopping. There aren't many fashion online sites that deliver to Japan. For that handful list of sites that deliver to Japan, there's always the risk of the clothes not fitting well and what you see may not be what you think it is since you cant feel the texture of the material. I am a firm believer of trying every item i buy (except for panties la)but of course desperate times call for desperate measures. Back in 2007, i had only just started earning yen but was still spending in the sin dollar mindset but at one point, i could care less already because I was so deprived and bought a few items from Fashion Junkee and till today, i still have not worn a single item because they didnt fit me very well. So, i pretty much stayed away from fashion online shopping.

Instead, I turned to Amazon and focused on books and slowly expanded my appetite to DVDs (which i never used to buy, why buy when you can download real time?). However, tonight i've once again fallen victim to fashion online shopping at ASOS and bought the below items. With abated breath and crossed fingers, I cant wait for them to arrive!


- i couldnt zip it up!!! Can you believe they make clothes for people who are smaller size than me? Either that, or i have just grown fatter (not fat) than before. Exchanging it for one size bigger.


- happy with the purchase.


- too translucent, exchanging it for black instead but the fit was perfect!


- happy with the purchase.


- same problem as the 1st piece.


- happy with the purchase.




3 comments:

Star-fani said...

wahhh... bot so many stuff? hw much i the damage? ;)

heats68 said...

OOhhh! So nice! I just had a spree myself on Victoria Secrets, but i'll definitely check this site out next.
Hope all your purchases fit!!

Jen said...

stef --> damage is less than US$300, if the clothes dont fit, that's probably real damage!!!

heather --> Victoria Secrets? Wooo.....very nice....will check out once i m done with my bangkok purchases bought eons back!!! Bought too much back then!!!